Who knew when she was two and a half and she would look at Matthew and say, "Now Masshew, how did that make you feel?" that one day she would be helping me as well?
Bless her heart, she's had to experience more than her share of my woes this year... unintentionally and most often not even verbally. This year has just been very demanding, physically and emotionally at work, which of course trickles to home (and now I realize also with Matthew - I had taken that piece a little for granted lately!). The other day we were riding in the car and I was sharing my latest stress with my mom, and when I hung up, I apologized to Maddie that she had to hear me talk about things being hard. I explained that I just so badly want things to be better, because as it is, I feel like I'm not doing great at anything... teacher, wife, friend, mom, etc... The coolest part was her response when I said, "You guys deserve me to feel better." and she said, "Mom, you deserve to feel better for YOU, not just for us." WOW.
Then a few nights later, I was working late, with no end in sight. Suddenly my phone buzzed and this is what I saw... a text from Maddie:
Worth more than gold, I tell you.
