Welcome!!
- The Plunks
- Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!
Friday, July 12, 2013
Day 4... what day is it?
matthew eats an omelette
movie!
walk around coconut pointe
711 slurpee
bike ride
BEACH
grill
AGT and icecream
Maddie: shark
We broke our routine today! Instead of going to the beach in the morning, we decided to take advantage of the cloudiness and go to the movies. :-) We took our Regal gift cards and headed to Coconut Pointe to see "Dispicable Me II". We all LOVED it!!! One of the better movies of late. Awesome flick. From there we walked around some of the shops... Jeff and I enjoyed a coffee and the kids enjoyed a snack. We walked across their bridge over a little lake and saw a turtle and some big bass or catfish - it was cool! Then we took advantage of July 11 - 7/11 - and got a free slurpee at the local 7 Eleven. :-) That's the only reason I know what day it was. ;-)
When we got back, we decided to take a bike ride before heading to the beach. Boy did the beach feel good!! I couldn't help but think how cool it was that the four of us were all on our own bikes... something that up until last year I wondered if it would ever happen. Too cool.
More grilling followed... chicken, corn on the cob, cucumbers, mini peppers and cantelope. Both kids at some of everything and enjoyed it all! Maddie doens't LOVE cantelope, but she managed.
Once again, we watched some AGT and ate ice-cream... Ben and Jerry's has been buy one get on free this week. ;-)
Maddie said something pretty profound and awesome today. She has been just a little concerned about sharks... not delibilatingly so, but she talks about them some, asks about them, is hesitant to go out in the water past her waste if it's not crystal clear, etc. Finally, today as she and I were taking one of our walks down the beach together, she said, "I've been thinking something that has made me not as afraid of sharks now. If it's in God's plan for me to get bitten by a shark, I'm going to. and if it's not, then I won't - no matter what I do. AND, chances are, it's not in His plan, but either way, it's not in my control." I was in awe. I told her that was such a deep and wise perspective that applies to so much of life!!! That girl never ceases to amaze me!