Welcome!!
- The Plunks
- Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!
Friday, July 12, 2013
Day 3 at the Beach... starting to lose track of the day
Day three... full of swimming, walking along the beach, reading and basically just enjoying each other. I started out the day with a run, and came home to a clean kitchen complements of Jeff and Matthew. Matthew and Maddie are really stepping up lately. Matthew seems to constantly be asking: Is there anything I can do to help? What else can I do? And he works so willingly and eagerly! He doesn't procrastinate, either. Before we left for this trip, he would have several things he wanted to get done on any given day, and on his own initiative, he'd start and work through his list (cleaning, piano, school work, worship team practice, etc). Maddie works hard, too, but she's not as eager as Matthew. :-)
After my run, Chef Jeff fixed us gormet omelets, and Matthew even ate one and enjoyed it! He is such a good cook... he used our peach and mango salsa from CostCo, fresh peppers and tomatoes and a little cheese. Divine! We had some fresh fruit along with it (strawberries) - it was a feast fit for a king!
After breakfast, we played a game of Chips (Matthew wasn't eager, but he ended up enjoying it. He was ready to hit the BEACH!). Jeff and I start out on the patio while the kids play in the breakers... we sip on our coffee and read. I'm reading "Redeeming Love" - quite possibly the best book I've ever read, and Jeff is reading a Vince Flynn book - the first one I think. After we finished our coffee, we headed in the water, too. Jeff and Maddie had a blast trying to balance on the boogie board, and of course they insisted that Matthew and I try it, too. :-)
We came in for lunch (our delicious salads and kids' grilled cheese) and then cleaned up to run some errands. We just HAD to run to Publix and get a bit of our audio book "Virals" in. We are sooo enjoying that book (just wishing it didn't have so much language). When we got back from the store, the kids and I practiced some of our worship team songs before dinner. Jeff grilled pork tenderloin while the kids and I fixed roasted potatoes, cucumbers and cantelope. YUM!
We finished off our day with watching AGT... we so enjoy that show together!! Jesus Calling, sweet prayers and sweet dreams! As I was tucking Matthew in, he said one day he wanted to have a fine wife, and he KNOWS what a fine wife is because I'M a fine wife to Jeff. #silvertongue #happyplace