Today was so much like yesterday and yet even better! How can that be?
OK, so we slept in a little and didn't exercise first thing, but we enjoyed a delicious breakfast together -- Matthew even put FRESH FRUIT on his cereal -- and then played a few games around the table before heading to the beach. We played "Spot It", a new favorite, and then "Quiddler", a brand new game we wanted to try.
The beach was so amazing... it was so calm and clear this morning. Jeff and I drank our coffee on the outside patio this morning while the kids played a little in the water. Then when they got out for sunscreen application, we took a nice walk down to the end of the little island we're on. It was so pretty! Who knew! Just was we walked up on the point, some guys that were fishing reeled in a bonnet head shark!! What a treat?!
From the beach, we went in for lunch (more salads -- YUMMMM!! -- and grilled cheese) and then went to the pool for a bit. The water was pretty chilly, so Matthew and Jeff decided not to get in. Maddie and I swam for a bit, and then I tried swimming laps. I am NOT the swimmer! Ten minutes and I was toast, and I was aiming for fifteen! I might could've gone a little longer had it not started thundering, but I'm not sure. Whew! What a work out! I don't think I have an efficient stroke OR proper breathing techniques, but whatever the reasons, it wore me out.
Next on the agenda (and I use the word loosely because we pretty much make it up as we go), we showered and headed to the outlet mall. I needed a black bathing suit bottom, and we had good luck there last time we were here. Not so today, not in the bathing suit store. HOWEVER, we had uncannily good luck in the Coach store, the Rockport store, Rack Room Shoes and the Izod store!! ;-)
We'd planned on grilling again tonight, but we spent so much time shopping that we decided to grab a bite out and grill tomorrow. Maddie and I voted for Bonefish.... we haven't been there in so long. We ate a local place our first night here, so I didn't feel bad suggesting a 'chain.' Jeff and I basically enjoyed tappas dining, sharing three appetizers: ceviche, Bang Bang shrimp and their ahi tuna sashimi. We had so much fun together, especially when Matthew and Maddie both decided to taste the wasabi from our sashimi. Matthew ended up tasting the sashimi, and he LOVED it! He even liked the Bang Bang shrimp (saying that the extreme spice masked the taste of the shrimp, otherwise it would've been disgusting, LOL).
We rushed from there to the grocery store to get a few items we'd forgotten to grab the other day and then rushed home to catch America's Got Talent. It was a bust though, because the cable was glitching, making the show pretty much unwatchable. SO, with tiny expressions of frustration and displeasure from Matthew, we watched two Cake Boss episodes instead. :-) Everyone ended up happy...
Nightly devotions and prayers, sweet dreams and good night. Until tomorrow....