Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Friday, May 31, 2013

The End of an Era...

Well, when you've moved and changed things around as much as we have, five years at one school and in one job does SEEM like an ERA!

It's hard to wrap our minds around this reality:  everyone in our family is starting something new next year, and we aren't even MOVING!!!

Jeff has been promoted to Dean of the high school at Wesleyan.
Maddie is starting middle school at Wesleyan.
Matthew and I are both leaving Lionheart....

Matthews is starting a brand new school:  Mill Springs Academy, a college prep private school for students with different learning styles
AND
I am going to teach middle school math at Wesleyan.

Wow.  This is such a bittersweet time for me!  I am thrilled beyond words with this next step for Matthew and about getting to be in the middle school with Maddie!!  It's HER turn now, which is so very cool and SO like God, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit sad and scared to not be with Matthew.  Afterall, I've been with him his WHOLE life... home, homeschooling then Lionheart.  I know this the best thing, I'm just SAYING.  He's ready, though, and he's not bothered by it at all, which is a blessing.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for us!