Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Nights... wow!

OK, so I'm going to have to get Matthew to get on here and write about this himself, but I had to put my proud mama gush on first.

Our church has a junior high gathering on Wednesday nights from 7-9:30 during the summer, and Matthew has been wanting to go all summer.  With traveling and drama camp, this was the first one he could get to, and he has been asking and asking.  The afternoon was busy (in a great way!) - we went swimming with some friends.  However, that made getting dinner ready and eaten a push.  We didn't arrive at church until 7:20, and even though he commented on the way out the door that we should've left earlier, he was flexible and still wanted to go!  A year ago (or even six months ago) he would've decided NOT to go if he couldn't get there when it started.  He even understood that we really couldn't have left any earlier.

I was so excited to pick him up and here about it - he had a BLAST!  He played all of the games and even joined a pick-up basketball game at the end!  Who knew?!  I'll let him fill in the details tomorrow...