Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The New GREEN Belts!!






Wow... what a great karate week! Matthew and Maddie both took their belt test for their green belt on Saturday, and they did GREAT! Yesterday, Maddie got her results: 94! Her highest score yet AND the 2nd highest score of the day! Matthew got his results today, and I held my breath... he ALSO got a 94!!! They tied with for the 2nd highest score of the day! Wow!! Matthew was SO excited! AND right before he got his test score this evening, he got TWO cards at the end of the class (the senseis award a gold or silver card based on effort and so forth, but occasionally someone who they think does outstanding that day will get two cards). Matthew was SO excited!! He did have a GREAT practice today... he's really changing in his sharpness and keeping his knees bent more. I'm so proud of both of them! Here are a few pictures and videos from their belt test results... I can't say enough good things about TaiDo, these senseis and what an impact this has had and continues to have on our life!!!