Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

St. John Day 4... Hanging out and enjoying each other

Our favorite thing about this vacation is that we are all together and all enjoying each other, which is why being "carless" hasn't been so bad! Another day of waiting… but then again, I can’t think of a place I’d rather be “waiting” or stranded without a car than here on St. John in Stonywood Cottage. After breakfast on the patio, the kids went for a morning swim in the pool while Jeff and I read and talked and watched (I finished “The Last Song” – Mom, your were right! It was soooo good!). Then we filled the middle part of the day with UNO, Go Fish and other card games, still outside on the patio. After lunch, we all went for a swim, thinking surely the repair man would be here any minute. He had mentioned yesterday that he would probably be here around noon. We had so much fun in the pool – all four of us. In fact, the whole day as awesome. T he mechanic finally arrived at 5:00 and had the car fixed in a half an hour. We drove to Coral Bay for dinner and then across the island to Cruz Bay to by some groceries. What an experience – we spent $60 and came away with four little bags! AND they were sold out of the main thing we needed – BUG SPRAY. Folks around here are saying this is the worst the mosquitoes have been in a long time. Apparently they had about 4 days of rain here a few weeks ago, so there was a big hatching this week. Great. Poor Jeff… they seem to love him the most, and Maddie comes in second. I think they just laugh at our spray. I’d hate to see what we’d look like without it. Luckily the bites don’t itch all the time or all at once.