I've been saving some things the kids have said in the last couple weeks that have left me speechless...
After praying together at bedtime a few nights ago, Maddie said: "Mommy, while you were praying, I started crying happy tears. I was just thinking about how special you are to me, and how special I am to you... and I just love you sooo much."
That SAME night, as I was tucking Matthew in, he hugged me and said, "I love you. I'm so glad I have you for my mommy." I was in such a bad mood that day, and God gave me those gifts as if to say, "Trust me... I've got it."
Tonight, Maddie walked by and said "I love you, Mommy." Matthew stopped and looked and me said "I do, too." Then Matthew said, "I never want to leave you. You know when I'm angry and I say I want you to go away and never come back? I'm not telling the truth." I knew that of course, but how cool to hear it?!
Today at school at the end of the day, Matthew was busy reading riddles to me when I teacher across the hall asked Matthew if he's good at puzzles. He didn't answer, kept reading to me, even after I said "I think Jackie needs some help." A few minutes passed, and all of a sudden he stood up, walked toward the other room and said, "what puzzle are you working on, Mrs. Jackie?" As if that weren't cool enough, he proceeded to sit down and DO IT - even after muttering something about it being hard! Matthew doesn't like puzzles!!
One of the biggest highlights of the last few weeks has been KARATE. Maddie and Matthew are both taking karate, and they both love it! Matthew says "It's awesome! It's hard not to talk, but I love karate." I think Maddie is made for it, and Matthew stands to benefit SO much from it... so I'm excited about the possibilities. I watch them both in awe... speechless. And so grateful.