Well, it has been a while since I've blogged! I lost my momentum ths summer - I had written a lot of "updates" on my Blackberry and then lost them all. Then I felt behind and frustrated and in true Jennifer form, GAVE UP for a while. :)
Now school has started, we are recovering from the water damage we sustained BETWEEN our two trips this summer, and we are adjusting to me going back to work. Matthew LOVES school. I was so worried about school starting, because he was in a pretty rough spot by the end of the summer (lack of routine, medicine gone wrong, traveling excitement, too much downtime, you name it and it added to the mix). As it turned out, he stepped back into school as if he had never left! The folks at Lionheart are amazed, and he is doing things this year that he never did last year. He is in such a good place!
Maddie was really ready for school to start, and she loves the first grade. I, for one, am thankful that there is no official snack week. She loves computer time, Chapel, library, and of course lunch and recess. She has her best friend from last year, and she is making a few new friends, including a girl who is new to Wesleyan.
The biggest change has been ME going back to work. I am teaching at Lionheart full-time this year. It has been amazing, but it has also been harder than I could have imagined. I'm starting to turn the corner, now. I'm thinking the post-partem phase might be almost over. The problem has not been the job itself, it has been my energy and patience at the end of the day... and tyring to figure out how to keep up with EVERYTHING. I know it's just a matter of finding a rhythm and getting into a routine... and I think we're getting closer. I'm so grateful to be a part of Lionheart. It is such an amazing place, and while the days are exhausting, I can't imagine a more perfect job for me. It's cool, too, that Matthew really loves having me there! He even comes to me for math!
Jeff's year is off to a great start. He is so understanding of my new schedule and overwhelmed feelings... I'm the luckiest woman in the world! Everyone is chipping in to help with this transition. His parents came and helped us finish up some unfinished projects one weekend, and last weekend my mom came and did the same! As they say, it takes a village.... and God has blessed us incredibly with supportive friends and family!