That's a quote from Matthew in the car yesterday. Coming from him, one who often seems to enjoy being alone, that's such a cool thing to hear! He really has been enjoying this trip, and he really has been enjoying our time with us ALL being together. He even frequently says "We need to call and Gram and tell her about....." He loves and he loves deeply.
Matthew and Maddie are in on cloud nine. Maddie has her two older cousins to entertain her and to play with, and Matthew has beautiful scenery, new birds to look at, and general vacation bliss. We're all enjoying playing Rock Band on the Wii, and tomorrow we are taking a trip up onto the Grand Mesa. It's so beautiful here, and it brings back so many memories. I miss it in some ways, but then I'm also in awe in all that God has done in our lives in the last 8 years since we moved. I know we are where we are supposed to be right now, and I'm thankful we have ties to a place like this to come visit.
A neat thing from Matthew... I tripped on some steps this afternoon (not bad), and later we were on the same stairwell. He was telling Jeff and I something, and in mid-sentence he stopped and said "Now be careful Mommy, this is where you tripped". Quite a contrast to the hour prior to that when, at the restaurant at dinner he said to the nice waitress who was coming to refill his water: "I'm through with that water, now go away, miss!" Oops. I politely whispered in her ear a little later a small explanation, and she was incredibly gracious. We're working on the filter... he just says what we all are often thinking. :)
Well, I'm apparently I'm hogging the computer, so I'd better go for now. I haven't uploaded pictures from Colorado yet. I don't know if I will be able to or not, but I'll try later.
God Bless!