Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Some cool thoughts Matthew shared with me...

After our good night kiss: Good night, Mommy. I'll always love you.

Matthew and Maddie had a disappointing evening when I "cancelled" the reading of Maddie's library book because of attitude problems. :) Maddie screamed and cried, much longer after Matthew recovered. As I was tucking him, I asked him how HE was feeling. He said, "I feel OK, but I feel bad about Maddie." Me: Bad, like mad at her?" Matthew: I feel sad for her... sorry that she was so sad about not reading Cam."

Matthew, while watching the news about the flooding all around Atlanta: "I feel bad for all those people who lost their homes in the floods."

In the morning, the day after all the flooding, I heard Matthew say, "Dear God, please help all the people in the floods. I pray that they will have a safe life from now on."

Mommy: "Why do you like to kiss my forehead?"
Matthew" "Because I love you... and I love your feel, and your care, and your protection..."