Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mustache mania

We've had so many discussions at our house lately about MUSTACHES.  Maddie LOVES them, and Matthew HATES them (equally as much).  In fact, the topic leads to arguments, which seems so ridiculous to me!  I mean, really -- does it matter?!  Finally today, Matthew said:

"I'm glad Maddie likes mustaches."

Me:  "Why?  I thought you didn't like them?"

"I don't, but they make Maddie happy.  She enjoys them, and that makes me happy for HER."

Wow.  I love this kid.  Thank you Mary Beth, Millie, Dr. Dunbar, Elizabeth, and Victoria for investing so much into him and for teaching us and helping to unlock the beautiful person inside.  I'm also grateful to Heidi, Ashley, Gail, Abigail and all of Lionheart for investing in him and loving him.  And he and I wouldn't be who we are or WHERE we are without the Jeff, Maddie, Gram and MaMa and Papa.  God is so faithful and the cornerstone of it all.  He knit all of us together... and look at the masterpieces that are emerging...