Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Indescribable

Today as the kids and I were practicing our worship team songs, one of our new songs was "Indescribable."  What a perfect song to sum up how I feel about God's blessings and His incredible creation and all He does for me.

Just today, I got up early (while everyone else was still asleep) and went for a run.  As an aside, let me just say how much I'm going to miss this flat terrain!  Today I ran a personal best!  After my run, everyone was STILL in bed, so I sat outside and continued my quiet time.  I read my devotion from Jesus Calling before my run, so sitting on the beach afterward was so perfect.  As I was sitting there, I decided how pleasant it would be to walk down the beach to the rocks, and what a gift that was!  I ran across so many neat creatures and shells in the early morning serenity of the beach.  As I wandered back up to our condo, Jeff was sitting on the lanai, so we sat outside together for a bit until the kids woke up.  We even saw two manatees playing out in front of where we sitting!  SO cool!  Another love note from God... they are everywhere, I tell you!

We decided to head to Lover's Key State Park to do something different today, and since we were going out anyway, we thought we'd try the Heavenly Biscuit again.  It did not disappoint!  It was open and had plenty of cinnamon rolls and biscuits.  The kids and I all had cinnamon rolls, and Jeff had their biscuit special (egg, cheese, tomato and bacon).  I can usually pass up cinnamon rolls, but these are truly THE BEST I've ever (EVER) had.  After our great breakfast, we headed to Lover's Key, and it was really wonderful!  While the beaches are not incredibly different from ours, the fact that it's totally undeveloped and has some really cool tide pools and dead trees gives it an edge.  We found some awesome shells, and we even learned that the jelly fish we were seeing DON'T STING!  So we had fun, then, catching them and feeling them -- especially Maddie.  :-)  Oh, and I even found a beautiful DEAD sand dollar!!!  I was so excited!!  We walked from the southern end of the island up to Big Carlos Pass (right across the water from Island's End, where we stayed last time!), and then we walked back.  We got in the water once or twice during our walk to cool off, and the tide was out, so the star fish and sand dollars (live ones, which are illegal to keep) were plentiful.  :-)  As we got back to the southern end, I was going to walk around the bend while everyone else snacked and played, but a big DARK cloud was lingering, so we decided we'd better head back home.

Not 30 minutes after we got back, the biggest thunderstorm we've had YET rolled in!  We were playing Phase 10 while we were waiting for the impending storm to come (and go), but when it finally rolled in with such force, we decided to go sit out on the lanai and enjoy it.  It rained in sheets, the wind blew, and the thundered boomed with an intensity that we don't hear in Atlanta.  Finally the lightening started streaking and the thunder reached a whole new level, at which time Maddie and I relocated to the family room and waited out the rest of the storm on the couch.  :-)  It lasted longer than we thought, but when it cleared, we practiced our worship songs while Jeff did some work.  Right as we were getting ready to start, I stuck my head out on the lanai and just happened to see a dolphin break the surface -- really close in!  It was a pair - we wondered if it was the mother and calf we saw yesterday on our dolphin tour.  We followed them down the beach for a few minutes, and then we came in to work on our songs.

Now Jeff is grilling... the kids helped me get dinner ready... and now we're chilling.  Awesome.

Matthew:  "Mom, is there anything I can do to help?"  not right now "OK, well let me know when there is."  "Dad, let me know when I can help."  "OK, the message has been sent out to both parents, now I can relax for a bit."

My life.  My family.  My KIDS.  My GOD.

Indescribable.  Uncontainable.