| It was a KEEN day! These are the perfect St. John shoes! |
From there we drove into Cruz Bay (i.e., "town") to look for some different sunscreen and soap for Matthew. His poor legs have broken out and we're trying to get to the bottom of it. He's managing it well... I'd be VERY grumpy if my legs looked like his. He's really a trooper - he hasn't complained at all! I have a cream that stops the itching, but we're trying to do more than that. The rash (eczema) is mainly on the backs of his legs (and some on his arms), and it just looks so angry! Poor Matthew! We bought him a long sleeve swim shirt the other day (we quit putting sunscreen on his arms and legs two days ago) and now we're hoping this new sunscreen and soap will help. We'll see... if it doesn't look better in a day or two we'll call our doctor.
We made our first trip to the Starfish Market after the pharmacy... we bought some things we could cook here this week. Should be yummy! Tonight we're making spaghetti. We may not be able to cook much when we move into our rental house for the last week, so we thought we'd take advantage while we can.
After all the shopping, we came back and changed for the beach. We put on our sunscreen, filled our camel-backs and headed out for a hike. We took a wrong turn and found the coolest beach (with crashing waves), and after spending some time there we headed to Salt Pond Bay. We hiked to Drunk Bay, which is famous for it's rough water and cool coral creations that people leave behind on the shores. We visited Drunk Bay last time, but we weren't able to spend much time because of the weather. Today, we had fun climbing on the rocks and checking out some of the 'art work.' Maddie even made her own creation! She made a boat on water - it looked great! Unfortunately, a lot of those pictures are blurry - water had splashed on the lenses but I didn't realize it. OH well. Of course I didn't realize that until I looked at the pictures on the computer.
We left Drunk Bay and hiked back to Salt Pond Bay. We put on our snorkel gear and headed out. We didn't see any turtles or rays today (both ray sightings have been when I didn't have the camera... rrrr), but I never get tired of seeing these beautiful fish - we always seem to see some we've never seen before. I'm amazed more and more by God's handiwork and creativity.
We ended our day with showers, spaghetti and Toy Story. Another banner day! We're still pinching ourselves.......