Welcome!!
- The Plunks
- Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Day 7 & 8: Ahhhh, relaxing.....
The last two days have been very, VERY relaxing... and I got a little lazy because I didn't even take very many pictures!
Monday was rainy, so we stayed around the house and read, played games and played in the pool. It cleared up in the afternoon, so we hit the beach: Lamshure Bay. We had it almost to ourselves!! We snorkeled (and saw a ray because I did NOT have the camera) and played in the water... then we headed back home to grill steaks. YUM. We all agreed that it was a great day. Maddie finished reading "Holes" and now Matthew is starting it. I finished John Grishom's "Playing for Pizza" and Jeff started "Last Man Standing" by David Baldacci. We listened to music, played UNO and Stack... a really great day.
Tuesday started out rainy, too, so we decided to have another relaxing day around the house. We only left the house to go Donkey Diner for breakfast, but it was CLOSED (didn't we make this mistake last year? They are only open Wed - Sun) so instead we stopped by Lily's Market, bought some bacon and enjoyed "Daddy's Diner" instead (well, he fixed the bacon, I fixed the eggs - I did HELP). LOL. We didn't leave the house the rest of the day... we played in the pool, played Uno and even taught the kids to play Farkle (an old favorite of ours - dice game)! We had a wonderful day... topped off with grilled chicken, baked potatoes and salad. We watched America's Got Talent and then read some more. We are reading The Chrnicles of Narnia together, so each day we read another chapter or two. We are in "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader". We 're all reading our own book too... and Jeff and I have started working crosswords together on the iPad. It's so fun - and the kids enjoy helping us. :-)