Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life...

OK, so I've never really seen that movie. I just can't help myself... it REALLY is such a WONDERFUL LIFE. This was the best Christmas ever... Matthew even said so! We had a few curve balls, for sure, but even they couldn't dampen our spirits. Afterall, we were together, celebrating the birth of our Savior - knowing THAT was more important than anything else.

Christmas vacation started off with the news that my mom couldn't walk (Literally! It took her 20 minutes to slide down her steps on her bottom! She has some tendon condition I can't pronounce that causes extreme pain in the joint it decides at that moment to attack... it has moved back and forth between both wrists and now moved to her foot. It can disappear as quickly as it pounces, lasting anywhere from a couple of days to a week). On Friday, the kids and I went to Augusta to get her and bring her home for Christmas. By Sunday, she could walk and had no more trouble with her foot. On Monday, Maddie was running a fever and felt terrible, but by Friday she was feeling much better. Then yesterday, I managed to lose ALL of the pictures I've taken in the month of December! Talk about curve balls...

And still, this was the best Christmas EVER. I have the pictures in my mind.

Pictures of Matthew's Christmas list growing daily, where it used to be SET in October never to change.

Pictures of Maddie and our neice from Colorado making Borax snowflakes and giving candycane pedicures.

Pictures of Matthew saying on Christmas morning as he unwrapped his well-disguised DS games: "I'm so happy, I don't know what to say!"

Pictures of Matthew and Maddie running to Jeff when he came in from a wrestling trip in TN saying "Daddy's home!! Daddy's home!!"

Pictures of Gram by our beautifuly Christmassy nandina bushes that were covered in the FIRST Christmas snow in GA in a hundred years!

Pictures of Matthew and Maddie singing Christmas songs at Mama's house on Christmas Day.

Luckily I wasn't the only one who took pictures... I'll get copies for when my memory does fade. :-)

It really is a wonderful life... I have a wonderful family... and an even more wonderful God.

Here's to 2011!!!