Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Matthew is Mystery Reader for Maddie's class!

From Mystery Reader


We walked into the room as the surprise "mystery reader" guests, and Maddie's friends treated Matthew like a celebrity! They huddled around him asking for high fives, and he enjoyed every second of it! Once things settled down, he read a lively, dramatic version of "The Caboose Who Got Loose." It's one of our favorite books, and he did such a great job! It was awesome - and he had a blast. I was so proud of him, too, because he had picked out TWO books to read, and when time ran out and we couldn't read the 2nd one, he handled it like a pro! I was pleasantly surprised!! Maddie was very proud of her brother... it was a great morning.