Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Daddy is HOME!!

Well, he's still trying to catch up and wake up, but Jeff and his team made it back from Romania in the wee hours Monday morning. He had an absolutely AMAZING trip. He misses Romania and the kids he met there, in fact I keep hearing that from the students, too. Apparently it was a life changing trip for everyone involved. I think every one of our folks would hop on a plane back there today. Jeff is already hoping to go back next year and trying to figure out a family mission trip for the four of us. God worked in mighty ways in lots of lives in those 7 days!

We are all so glad to have Jeff home! We had so many things to show him... Maddie is riding her back SO much better all of a sudden (still with training wheels, but no more braking every 2 seconds down every hill - I'm so proud of her!); the new long walk we've been taking around our neighborhood (well, I walked while Matthew rode his scooter and Maddie rode her bike); Matthew unlocked something new on Mario Kart. We started to give him a first hand tour of all the places in the house that Dante has peed or pooped, but we decided against that. :) We couldn't talk to Jeff while he was gone, and there was so much to share! We're still catching up... the kids have been fascinated with his Romania stories and pictures.

I think the pollen and the excitement has thrown Matthew a little off... that and I keep forgetting that he is almost 9. I miss my spontaneous "I love you's" but I guess that's par for the course for 9 year olds of all types. He just THINKS so much right now about his favorite things, and I feel like almost everything else is an intrusion, especially in the afternoon after school when he's tired. He's doing so well, though.

The next few weeks are pretty crazy around here... I'm out of town this weekend for Walk to Emmaus, then Jeff has some off season wrestling business, then Easter, then his Walk to Emmaus, then Matthew's birthday - whew! It's all great stuff, but it makes my head spin! So much so that I can't remember what else I was going to write about...

Good night!