Wow! What a quick few weeks it has been... and so much has happened! Let's see, I got a job for next year, Dante has been going to school with Matthew everyday, we got a couple of inches of snow (and a snow day!)... whew! Makes me tired just to think about it all!
First the job: let me just say WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! I've been volunteering this year at Matthew's school (The Lionheart School, http://www.thelionheartschool.com/ ), and yesterday I had an interview and they offered me a job for next year. I am more excited than words can express. It is by far the perfect place for Matthew AND FOR ME. I feel like so many things about our journey have come together to prepare me for this.
Secondly, Dante is doing so well at school! He is getting more and more relaxed with the other kids and is adjusting well to the school day. We are excited about how in-tune he is to Matthew already. I go into the class at snacktime and sit on the floor with the kids to help make Dante more comfortable, and he is doing great. He goes from kid to kid eagerly now, and responds when they say his name. It is great!
We took Dante to our church small group the other night, and we actually left him downstairs with Matthew -- without us! The adults in charge were willing, so we took them up on it. It turned about to be a great thing! They told us at the end that Dante stayed on his "place" the whole time, except once when he got up to go lay beside Matthew while he was reading a book. (cool!!!) They also said that whenever Matthew left the room, Dante would sit up and watch intently until Matthew came back. Wow... now THAT's what I'm talking about!
I'm filled with awe and so excited about the potential with Dante and Matthew. Thank you 4 Paws!
And finally - OUR SNOW! We were so excited! As it turned out, Matthew and I were off school, but Jeff and Maddie had a two hour delay. The snow happened on Sunday, and it was one of the prettiest snows we have had here in GA in a very long time. The flakes were HUGE! We actually had a "thunder snow" - and we saw the lightening and heard the thunder! So, needless to say, neither one of my kids dared to venture out after that. By Monday, it was pretty much gone. Here are a few pictures...