Wesleyan is on spring break now, and Jeff is on a mission trip to Romania! We haven't heard from him since he left, other than to find out they made it safely, and we miss him so much! Matthew said today that he wishes "we could contact Daddy." Me, too! It's such an amazing opportunity - in so many ways - and I'm very excited for him. I do miss him an awful lot, though! We got a card in the mail from all of the kids on his team; they were thanking Matthew and Maddie for sharing their dad with them for the week! How cool is that! Wesleyan is such an awesome place. They had a really nice commissioning ceremony on Friday for all of the mission teams, and it was a great worship and prayer service. Dante joined us!
Speaking of Mr. Dante (as he is affectionately known by many of the kids at Lionheart), he is much more comfortable in school now, and I think everyone is enjoying him. He sticks by Matthew. I love that he doesn't follow me around when we're home. He does love me, and definitely gets excited when he sees me, but he also loves to follow Matthew around and hang close to him. 4 Paws gave us so many tips to help with that, and it's so awesome to see them pay off. Matthew plays ball with Dante, and he's the only one who does... Dante LOVES it! Matthew, Maddie and Dante spent the weekend at MaMa and PaPa's house recently, and they commented that Dante followed Matthew around quite a bit. Sweet!
And now for the best news of the day: We went the ENTIRE day with NO potty accidents by Dante! I'm not counting my chickens yet, but maybe we're moving in the right direction! I don't know if it has been the confusion of a new place (just getting home), or Ajax's scent everywhere, or me not reading his body language and him not knowing how to let me know (or all of the above) , but we have had multiple potty accidents daily for a few weeks now. We've talked with Jeremy at 4 Paws for help and are working on some strategies. Maybe they are working... time will tell. I would be pulling my hair out if he wasn't doing such AMAZING things in every other area. :) Here are some pictures of just haning around...