
Well, training ended on February 5... we had an odd last day because of an unusual turn of events, but nonetheless, it was a special day. The end of training is always bittersweet... you are so anxious to get home and yet sad to leave the new friends you have made and safety net that is 4 Paws. Training is such an unique experience in so many ways, and one is that you spend 7 hours a day working beside - and with - these amazing families, sharing an intense experience and 11 days of full-on LIFE together. It's a little sad to let that go! You're surrounded by people who "get you" and who "get"your life... and in some cases you make a new friend or two for life. :)
So, on Thursday, Feb. 5, we took our public access test and passed. Whew. :) Actually, I wasn't even nervous, being that I've done it before AND that Dante is so easy. We went back to 4 Paws for graduation and goodbyes... and promises to keep in touch. Friday morning, we headed back to GA with Donnie and Chancer. They had a successful tweaking session, and Donnie was very anxious to get home with Chancer. He has been at 4 Paws for 7 weeks, I think!
We made it home Friday evening, and Gram was here to meet Dante. Jeff hadn't met him yet, either! Both of them were smitten with him, of course... as the rest of us are. :)
Now on to the adventure of life at home with our new family member. I've learned so much from my last experience and from this go around at training... let's see if I can put it into practice!