Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, May 23, 2016

End of the Year Teacher poems by Matthew

I asked Matthew to write a short note that we could print for his end-of-the year teacher gifts... you knonw, just something like "thanks for a great year, have a wonderful summer, yada yada yada."  Here's what he sent me to print out... I was blown away!  He wrote these (I did change the fonts so the last names would pop... but every letter of every word is his...

In all fairness, Maddie wrote very sweet notes to each of her teachers as well... I'm proud of them both... but Matthew's poems... I mean WOW!

Always there with a smile
Like a true philosopher, only with wit
Very entertaining to sit through
Is there anyone who can replace you?
So wonderful you are!

Zany, and yet
Amazing at the same time                              
Very accomplished lit geek (yeah!)                   
 In every genre known to man
To say you stink is to say that
 Zebras don’t have stripes

To have you as my teacher
Right by my side all the time
Oh, what fun it’s been!
Teaching me about
Trees and why they
Exist the way they do. I
Really can’t say enough good about you
  

Really, you’re great                                
A bit of linguistic love in my day
Going the extra mile to make sure we succeed
As always, you gave us what we needed
In joy and in pain
Never giving up on me
So with this gift, once again, je vous aime! Merci!

Finding out what works                                           
Often being right (what a huge perk)
Straining to give us your best
Today, at last, you get your rest
Everything you’ve done this year is great, but
Really, the next season’s here! Band ten hut!          

Really awesome wonders abound
Under all the sarcasm of which you’re so proud
So gentle and yet brash at the same time
Such an exquisite mix of personalities divine
Every last fact of which you can think
Licks any printer of all its ink
Like water, history is good to drink