Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Friday, July 26, 2013

Back to the Beach...

Ah, yes... as fun as the parks are, Matthew and I agree that nothing beats the relaxation of the ocean.

We woke up this morning in need of groceries, so we went out for breakfast to the Heavenly Biscuit.  Heavenly Cinnamon Rolls is more like it.  Oh MY.  I've never had a cinnamon roll so delicious!  I wasn't even going to eat one, but they had JUST run out of biscuits.  What is a girl to do?

From there we went to Publix and Costco... our last big grocery run of the trip.  How can that be?  This time has flown by!  We bought a beef tenderloin at Costco... can't wait to grill up some filet mignon!  YUM!

We spent the afternoon on the beach, and the waves were once again in rare form.  Even Jeff got knocked down and drug around trying to get the boat/raft out past the breakers.  Then all three of them got in the boat, and once they got flipped!  I hope I got some good pictures.  We had a lot of fun braving the waves, and Maddie and I got some good body surfing in!

After all that fun, we swam in the pool for a bit and then came in to cook.  The kids are helping so much and taking so much initiative... it's awesome.  Tonight Maddie cut the potatoes for our roasted potatoes, and Matthew set the table and did some other odd jobs.  Our steaks were INCREDIBLE!!  Followed by Cake Boss and ice-cream, this day was pretty hard to beat.