Welcome!!
- The Plunks
- Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!
Sunday, December 2, 2012
The Best Night of Maddie's Life ;-)
Poor Maddie has been sick around her birthday... just with some upper respiratory bug. She missed Friday of school, but then her fever broke Friday night... and stayed gone all day Saturday. SO, we were able to go to the Sandi Patty concert!! She wanted to go as a girl's night, but Matthew was equally excited about it when we heard it advertised on the Fish, so I bought three tickets. In hindsight, I should've bought four... it just wasn't the same without Jeff. I was being thrifty, and I knew he didn't REALLY care about going, but he even agreed in the end that it would've been better that way.
The kids and I made a special evening out of it. We went to Papasito's for dinner, since it was "on the way." YUM. Then we got to the church (Mt. Paran) about an hour before the concert because the seats were general admission. We ended up getting really good seats up in the loft, and Maddie and I knitted while we waited. :-) When Sandi Patty came out, Maddie's face lit up so big. She was enthralled... she got so excited and said she just didn't know WHAT to do. She beamed and all through the concert would say things like "this is THE BEST night of my life" or "I always wanted to have a night like this" or "thank you, mommy, SO MUCH for this - it's incredible." She truly - from the bottom of her little toes - appreciated the experience. It was an awesome night. Matthew loved it, too. :-) The night would've been complete if we could've met Sandi and gotten her autograph, but she was sick by the end of the concert and didn't come out. We met Jason Crabbe, though, and got his autograph.
By the end of the concert Maddie was starting to fade... yep, the fever came back. But it was worth it.