Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

St. John Day 20: Oppenheimer/Maho Bay - by Matthew

Click here to view these pictures larger

Yes, what a privilege it truly is to be here on this island. Today started off with breakfast at Miss Lucy's and a drive to Oppenheimer Beach. After spending a little time in the water, we set out on a snorkel. After 1,000 yards of snorkeling, I began to say that we should turn back, but what do you know? There was a small beach by a reef. We rested for a few minutes, swam a little further, headed out to the middle of the bay, and then snorkeled back. On shore, I finished my da Vinci bio, ate my Chips Ahoy! snack and then headed to Maho Bay (by car, with my family, of course!). We spent a little time playing games, and then snorkeled out to the little patch of seagrass. There, we saw some sea turtles! Greens, I believe. After five minutes of following sea turtles around, we headed for shore, rested, and went home. Ernest, the owner of the house showed us how to crack a coconut! **Jen's addition: The coconut cracking was VERY cool... we got to drink the water and then eat the meat! NOW coconuts make sense to us! After that, we finished reading "The Dawntreader" and watched the movie! The book and the movie were quite different... I was a little disappointed with the movie, but the I think the kids loved it. I have been reading an AWESOME book (The Swan House), and I finally finished it tonight!! I love summer reading!!!