Welcome!!
- The Plunks
- Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!
Friday, July 13, 2012
St. John Day 17 - by Maddie
Today has been an exciting day at St.John. We got ready for our hike(s) and went to a scrumptious breakfast at the Donkey Diner. I loved what mommy got. Then we rode over to Little Lameshur because that is where the petroglyph trail starts. It was a good hard trail but it was worth it. The petroglyphs are amazing!! We hiked higher to get to the top of the (dry) waterfall.(they are having a drought so there isn't one)it was great climbing the rocks! We went back down and on the way we hiked the Reef Bay Trail (it split off the petroglyph trail) which led to Reef Bay. At Reef Bay,we ate our snack and snorkeled. It is so cool to see Gods wonderful creations under water. We even saw a barracuda get a fish! Then we packed up and headed back. Like I said,the hike is hard,but fun. We came back to the house,got showered,and went to a delicious dinner at High Tide. I got a grilled cheese sandwich. Then we went home and watch Princess Bride. It was a dynamic day!
So far tho trip sosososos amazing and we thank God for this amazing opportunity. We have been seeing amazing sights through out the vacation. I loved swimming with the sea turtles and petting them too! All the fish are so amazing and they make the ocean like a whole new world! Our trip is truly a gift from heaven.