Today was another great day in God's beautiful creation... we are all still in awe of it. It just doesn't get old.
This morning was calm and relaxing... we ate breakfast together and did our Jesus Calling devotion out on the patio. Wow. Then we played a game we found here in the house called Stacks. It's so fun!! We all ganged up on Jeff, poor thing. He always wins at everything, but not this time. LOL. Maddie got in her swim while we fixed breakfast (love the open air living here!), and when all of that was done, we headed for a new beach: Jumbie Bay. The folks we met yesterday at Miss Vie's told us about it, so we thought we'd check it out.
After parking, there was a short hike to the beach (about 350ft), and the beach was beautiful! When we got there, there were three other groups of people there... it was awesome! It was a windy area, so there were more waves (and I used the word loosely) than most of the beaches have. It was fun to float around, and the the snorkeling was really good. I need to look up the names of some of the fish we're seeing. The only ones I know for sure are the parrot fish. We snorkeled a long time, and then we relaxed and read our books in the shade before playing in the water some more.
We left the beach and caught a late lunch at a new spot (new for us) - Shipwreck Landing. Wow! What a find! Jeff and I had the BEST fish tacos (actually seared ahi tuna), and there was such a nice breeze coming in off the water (it sits on Coral Bay). It was awesome. We came back to the house and enjoyed a swim in the pool. The kids had fun doing "tricks" with the tubes and making a whirlpool (which takes all four of us and is so cool!). We showered, played UNO and then Stacks. Now we're going to watch some of the Olympic Trials and then get a good night's sleep.
As an aside, Matthew has been a little uptight since we've been here, and that struck me as odd. He's having a blast and loving every minute of it, but he just hasn't been as relaxed as it could be. There could be a million reasons, and we've been talking and brainstorming about it together. Finally this morning, he told me, "Maybe it's because of my allergies. They're really bothering me right now. Maybe I should take some allergy medicine." I gave him a zyrtec, and at dinner he said, "You know, I've felt much better today. I think that medicine really helped! I've had a better day!" I had noticed he seemed less uptight too. Hooray!