Welcome!!

My photo
Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Tons of Tulips... straight from Heaven, no doubt

We're hiking along on an obviously NOT often used trail, and I hear behind me as I'm looking down (OK, looking around for bears) "Watch your head.... WATCH YOUR HEAD!". OH -that's Matthew and he's talking to me! Several more times on our hike up at Lake Conasauga he warned me about a low branch or a low tree lying across the trail. Amazing. We're all four snuggled in the tent and I feel a tight hug and hear from him, "Your the best mom in the world." Awesome. Just the other day when his birthday helicopter ride got post-poned for the 2nd time, he said "that's OK because what's better than any helicopter ride? YOU and DADDY. In fact you guys are better than birthday presents or Easter presents." WOW. Talk about tulips... who would ever want to go to Italy when Holland is this beautiful?!

Today we walked into Maddie's tai do sparring class, and Matthew waved so happily when he saw her. Then at the end of class, he jumped up as she came toward us and said, "Hermione - I haven't seen you all day!" Precious.

Maddie and Matthew singing almost every word to the (edited) "Jersey Boys" sound track... hilarious.

All of us together putting up a tent and setting up camp in the GA mountains... A blessing.

Hearing our kids say this was the best camping trip ever as we drove home... Priceless.

Matthew and Maddie so completely embrace his autism, and I am so thankful. God has created both of them so incredibly and so uniquely, and I want them to love themselves as He loves them. They are fearfully and wonderfully made, and I'm so thankful I get a front row seat to enjoy them and love them!!