Welcome!!
- The Plunks
- Hi! We are the Plunks: Jennifer, Jeff, Matthew and Maddie! Welcome to our blog. I started this blog to chronicle our service dog adventure, but it has evolved into a place for me to jot down my thoughts... about autism, parenting, family, working, but mostly about celebrating life and the God who gifted us with it. Enjoy the ride!
Friday, January 28, 2011
This was the greatest day in the history of the world!
Those were Matthew's words at the end of karate tonight. He walked off the mat, and said, "Did you see me, Mommy?" I told him he was having such a great day, and he he said, "This has been the greatest day in the history of the world!" Well... maybe close! This really has been a great day. For starters, Matthew won the spelling bee at Lionheart today, and now he'll compete in a local spelling bee at another Atlanta school in late February. He really was excited when he won, but the coolest part was that he put his arm around one of his best friends and said (sweetly), "Matt, are you happy for me?" It was SUCH a sweet moment. After the spelling bee excitement, we drove to Wesleyan where Matthew was Mystery Reader in Maddie's classroom. He did SOOOO awesome - and she was so excited (and surprised!). He read "The Happy Hedgehog" and a two short poems from "Animal Fair" (we chose those because her class is studying "amazing animals" right now) and he did SUCH a great job. I'm going to try to load the video on here... we'll see if I have any luck. Before he started reading, he asked for a show of hands of anyone who had read the Hedgehog book before, and no one had! It was such a great experience, all the way around. From there, we drove to AllStar Gymnastics to meet my class for our Friday special. Lucky Matthew, he gets to do gymnastics 3 Fridays in a row. He was so excited - he loves it, especially the balance beam (go figure!). I videoed that too. :-) From there, we went back to Lionheart where he and I went for scooter ride/jog around the adjacent park. THEN we went to karate, where he got chosen as captain at the end of class! WOW. Truly a banner day... This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!